Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > the scanner has stopped connecting to al...
the scanner has stopped connecting to all vehicles.

1468 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2018-02-14 23:18:19

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    PlatinumAuto
    2018-02-13 06:42:21
    I can not connect to any vehicles what so ever. The auto VIN does not work. The scanner does show a green car symbol when connected. The top right voltage desplay remains at O. I have tried a brand new cable. Complete app delete and reinstall. Hating this 1.5 year old ms906 right now.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2018-02-14 01:09:05 (Reply to:PlatinumAuto)

Is it a genuine replacement cable for the MS906 with same pinout to scanner end of cable? . Is the OBD 16 pin adapter actually a built in part of the new cable or just transferred connector from the old cable to the new cable? Did you really look close and make sure all 16 pins are still there on the connector and all pins from connector  and have continuity to end of cable ?  Dumb questions but basic sh@t to check look for. Seem to recall Autel had some type of System Update for the MS906 and DS808 in the past that took away the ability of the internal battery to get charged off the vehicle's DLC in an attempt to make the batteries last longer and not sure if it also removed the ability to show DLC voltage afterwards.

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    PlatinumAuto
    2018-02-14 23:18:19
     Thanks for your reply. Initially I ran continuity checks on the OBD 16 pin cable. Only pin 5 (Earth) did not have continuity. So to save time i purchased a brand new genuine cable. When i ran checks on the new cable i found pin 5 on the cable connects to pin 4 which is also an earth. I tried the new cable anyway with no luck.

It is Chinese new year so the Chinese are on holiday. I'm really stressing right now as we rely on this scanner to get us out of trouble in the workshop.

Autel America thinks in might need flashing but cannot help us.
  Total1 Pages